My favorite color was blue, but now it’s chartreuse yellow. It is exactly halfway between yellow and green, with more yellow than green, but not too much.
Breath on Paper is taking the next two weeks to share 30 Things About Me…. things that you may or may not know about us. We are uniquely and wonderfully made by a God who loves variety. You will get a glimpse of our personalities in this peek behind the curtains of Breath. Enjoy!
Are there any on the list that you can relate to? Let us know in the comments below.
- I am an introvert who needs time alone to recharge my batteries and center my soul.
- I think change is a good thing, even when it doesn’t feel so good.
- I am NOT a pet person and they always know it and are magnetically drawn to me. I can tolerate dogs but do not like cats.
- My family thinks I am a control freak. They may be right.
- I prefer books with pages that turn manually. I do have books on my phone because that’s easier when traveling.
- I was a cheerleader in elementary, middle, high school, and college. Those were fun times.
- I went through basic infertility treatment and it made me crazier than usual. We adopted our son and two years later gave birth to our daughter.
- I grew up in Greater Bethel AME church where my parents and their parents attended. My mother is still a member there. It is so good to be there with people who have known me my whole life.
- I love the outdoors, especially the water — lake, ocean, stream. I don’t swim but love to walk beside water or be in a boat on it.
- I have a LOT of books. In my early 20’s I bought the classics in hard back with beautiful bindings. I always thought I’d have a library with dark wood paneling, coffered ceilings, floor-to-ceiling shelves with a ladder on wheels, fireplace and two comfy leather chairs. I’m still waiting.
- My secret dream is to sing and play piano on stage. Not that I am any good at either, but that’s why it’s a secret dream.
- I’m still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up.
- I love liver and onions. My dad taught me how to make it.
- I love to travel. I want to see the Holy Land and Alaska.
- I want to drive an 18-wheeler, just once.
- I love music — any kind of music, almost. Mostly worship music, oldies, R & B and jazz. But any music with a good beat and words that can be understood work.
- I love to wash dishes in hot, soapy water. I learned I could daydream and create stories in my head while being productive.
- I was president of the Junior League of Birmingham. Our League has over 2,000 volunteers and is one of the largest in the world.
- I love Hallmark movies. I think I should star in one of their Christmas movies.
- My favorite food is turnip greens, and I have a turnip green-shaped birthmark.
- I started seminary in January 2017. My degree will be a Master of Arts in Theology and Ministry. There is no telling what God has planned for that.
- I have two sisters and one brother. One sister is in New Orleans and my other two siblings are in Nashville, our hometown.
- My first full-time job was as a commercial lender at a bank. I had no idea what I was doing, but I got to travel the western half of the US for 2 years.
- My favorite color was blue, but now it’s chartreuse yellow. It is exactly halfway between yellow and green, with more yellow than green, but not too much.
- I love getting up early in the morning and spending time with the Lord. The daybreaks are spectacular because our home faces east. The sky reflects the majesty of God!
- My favorite subject in high school was physics. Yes, I was a nerd.
- I was a finance major in college and loved economics class. Mostly because I had a great instructor who could really make you “see” the subject.
- My husband and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage in September 2017. Moving through our life and getting from day to day with kids and work and whatever else, I sometimes forget to pay attention to how great these years have been and how truly wonderful my husband is. As the kids leave home, I realize all that we’ve come through and have become more intentional in expressing my appreciation to him.
- I am a certified retreat leader who finds the greatest reward in ushering women into the presence of Jesus while they are away from their daily routines. It allows them to experience Him more fully.
- I am in the process of becoming a certified John Maxwell speaker, trainer, and coach. I am working to create a profitable business using his platform.
Hey there friend! Andrea McCaskey here. I believe everything happens for a reason, life is meant to be lived in relationship with others and there is beauty to be found everywhere if we look. I am a friend of God, wife of Jamal and mother of Brandon and Madison.
To read more of Andrea’s Breath on Paper bio, click here.