I coined the phrase “zero to funeral.” I’m such a worrier at times that if I can’t get in touch with my husband or kids, my mind starts running through all the possible scenarios of what could possibly have gone wrong. This sometimes leads to “worst case scenario” where I’m picking out the casket and floral spray to go on top. Yes, I realize this is seriously out of control! I’ve gotten much better through LOTS of prayer!
Breath on Paper is taking the next two weeks to share 30 Things About Me…. things that you may or may not know about us. We are uniquely and wonderfully made by a God who loves variety. You will get a glimpse of our personalities in this peek behind the curtains of Breath. Enjoy!
Are there any on the list that you can relate? Let us know in the comments below.
Amber – 30 Things About Me
1. I was born in Fort Walton, Florida.
2. I am the middle child of three girls (middles are the best, just ask us!)
3. When I was little I wanted to be a bag lady when I grew up (don’t judge, I thought it would be super cool to have my own shopping cart!) These days, pushing a buggy around the grocery store is my LEAST favorite thing!
4. In elementary school, a friend and I went to a movie where we were the only two in the entire theater. We thought it would be fun to do cartwheels up and down the aisles, so we did!
5. When I was a child, my hair was so blonde that it almost looked white.
6. My maiden name was “Brown,” so I was picked on a lot for being the “color child” because my first AND last names were both colors.
7. My favorite job ever was working at a Hallmark store and I would do it again today if it would pay the bills!
8. My very first concert was New Kids on the Block (again, don’t judge … a ticket to NKOB was quite the hot commodity back in the day).
9. My DREAM job is to be an Event Planner. I LOVE everything about entertaining (hosting, invitations, decorations, flower arrangements, party favors, etc.). I throw a pretty awesome party if I do say so myself!
10. I have attended two tea parties and a Christmas event at the Alabama Governor’s Mansion.
11. My bucket list “dream” trip is to spend several weeks making my way through Italy.
12. My biggest pet peeve is selfishness (I seriously just don’t get it)!
13. My nieces and nephews call me “Ambi”.
14. For a long time, I wouldn’t eat outside. I’ve gotten better and even enjoy a nice dinner on the patio, but I still maintain that food tastes different when eaten outdoors.
15. I have a nervous habit of picking at my cuticles (sometimes until they bleed). My mom does it too.
16. My favorite Birmingham restaurant is Ocean. It’s a MUST try … wonderful food and amazing service!
17. I love Norah Jones. Her voice is so soothing. She seriously could sing the phone book and I would listen!
18. I really enjoy giving gifts and I don’t wait for a special occasion! I strive to be a thoughtful gift giver by choosing a gift I know will be meaningful to the recipient. Following through with wrapping it up beautifully is also a must!
19. I coined the phrase “zero to funeral.” I’m such a worrier at times that if I can’t get in touch with my husband or kids, my mind starts running through all the possible scenarios of what could possibly have gone wrong. This sometimes leads to “worst case scenario” where I’m picking out the casket and floral spray to go on top. Yes, I realize this is seriously out of control! I’ve gotten much better through LOTS of prayer!
20. I hate driving on long bridges over water … I mean it seriously disturbs me (see 19 above).
21. I have hosted an ornament exchange the first Saturday in December at my home every year for over a decade. It’s one of my favorite days of the year!
22. I have a serious addiction to iced tea … can’t start my day without a glass and drink it all day, including right before bed.
23. I floss my teeth sitting in bed at night (it totally grosses my husband out, but I don’t really see an issue with it … it is normal, right?).
24. One of the biggest fights my husband and I ever had was over a pair of shoes. Yes, I DO think you need to try BOTH shoes on before buying them … he did NOT agree and it did NOT end well!
25. I fell in love with the character Shelby from Steel Magnolias, including her name. I named my daughter Shelby.
26. My favorite color is red although it never fails, when I wear pink, I always get tons of compliments, so “pink is my signature color” (Steel Magnolias reference).
27. I have never traveled outside the United States.
28. My favorite holiday is Christmas and, yes, I admit I’m a little over the top with the decorating and gift giving (see numbers 9 and 18 above). I enjoy making the holidays extremely special for my family and am very intentional about spending lots of quality time together during this season.
29. I was NOT made for extremely hot or extremely cold weather. I function well in the 70-degree range and am thoroughly convinced when I get to heaven it will be the fall season eternally!
30. I have always been able to express myself well through the written word and even have a friend who refers to me as a “wordsmith.” I’m honored to be among such precious women who share my love for writing and telling a good story!
Make us a part of your daily reading at Breath on Paper.
Amber Edwards began Blessing Bag Ministry, affording her numerous opportunities to share her love for the Lord with many lost and hurting. A native of Birmingham and Huffman High School, Amber is happily married with two teens and working as a Legal Assistant/Paralegal. She enjoys leading women’s small groups and serving as Captain of the Events Team at her church. Her true passion is for others.